West Bloomfield MI Homes & Real Estate
West Bloomfield Township, officially the Charter Township of West Bloomfield, is a charter township in Oakland County in the U.S. state of Michigan, within the Detroit metropolitan area. It is one of the most expensive places to live in Oakland County. As of the 2020 census, the township had a population of 65,888.
West Bloomfield is sometimes referred to by its residents as the "lake township of Oakland County", due to it being heavily dotted with small and medium-sized lakes. Cass Lake, the largest lake in the county, is in part of West Bloomfield, and Pine Lake, which has a private country club on its shore, is only a few miles away from Cass and lies completely within West Bloomfield. In addition, directly west of Pine Lake is Orchard Lake, which also has a private country club on its shore. Orchard Lake is surrounded by the city of Orchard Lake Village. Several smaller lakes are scattered around these larger ones.
Orchard Lake Road runs north–south through the middle of the township and is the main artery of West Bloomfield's economy along with West Maple Road (15 Mile Rd.), flanked on each side by long strip malls and shopping complexes. There are many high-end boutique stores and expensive restaurants to visit. Most of the township's population growth has occurred since the 1960s, as many residents moved there from the inner ring Detroit suburbs. West Bloomfield is located in south-central Oakland County about 10 miles (20 km) to the northwest from the Detroit city limits and has borders with Bloomfield Township to its east, Farmington Hills to its south, Commerce Township to its west, and four communities to its north: Waterford Township, Orchard Lake Village, Keego Harbor, and Sylvan Lake. The communities of West Bloomfield, Orchard Lake Village, Keego Harbor, and Sylvan Lake make up what is known as Greater West Bloomfield.
- Rucka Rucka Ali, rapper, radio personality, singer, comedian, and satirist most noted for his song parodies on YouTube
- Justin Bartha, actor, most notable for The Hangover Trilogy and the National Treasure series
- Jack Berry, sports journalist for The Detroit News and the Detroit Free Press
- Melrose Bickerstaff, model, appeared on America's Next Top Model
- Meryl Davis, Olympic ice dancer who won the gold medal at the 2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi, Russia
- Pamela Eldred, Miss America 1970
- Dan Gheesling, winner of Big Brother 10 and runner-up of Big Brother 14
- Joe Ginsberg , former baseball catcher for the Detroit Tigers
- Adam Grant, psychologist
- Brandon T. Jackson, actor, appears in Tropic Thunder, and Percy Jackson
- Kyle Mack, Olympic snowboarder, who won silver medal in Men's Big Air at Pyeongchang 2018 Winter Olympics
- Dana Nessel, Michigan Attorney General
- Adetokunbo Ogundeji, outside linebacker for the Atlanta Falcons
- Jesse Palter, modern jazz singer
- Karen Clark Sheard, gospel singer
- Bruce Ableson, social media pioneer
According to the United States Census Bureau, the township has a total area of 31.2 square miles (81 km2), of which 27.3 square miles (71 km2) is land and 3.9 square miles (10 km2), or 12.49%, is water.
Included below are homes for sale and real estate in West Bloomfield, MI.
If you would like more information on any of these West Bloomfield real estate listings, just click on a property to access the full details. From there, you can request more information or schedule a tour. And we'd be happy to provide you with disclosures, past sales history, dates and prices of properties which have recently sold nearby, and more, so just let us know how we can help!
And, for your convenience, feel free to register for a free account to receive email alerts whenever new West Bloomfield listings come on the market that match your specific criteria.